PDA

View Full Version : Multiple Paypal Accounts

Chris
05-09-2008, 08:38 AM
I'm going to be setting up a little mini subscription system like I have on this forum on another forum. However, I want to keep information separate. I would the other forum to either pay to my current account using an alias, or to pay to a different account. The idea being, the subscribers know only the name and email I provide to them (I don't always want my subscribers to be able to Google my name and or business name and get a list of all my other sites).

So, the question is, is the alias thing possible, and is the multiple account thing allowed?

Todd W
05-09-2008, 03:23 PM
I'm going to be setting up a little mini subscription system like I have on this forum on another forum. However, I want to keep information separate. I would the other forum to either pay to my current account using an alias, or to pay to a different account. The idea being, the subscribers know only the name and email I provide to them (I don't always want my subscribers to be able to Google my name and or business name and get a list of all my other sites).

So, the question is, is the alias thing possible, and is the multiple account thing allowed?

You can add as many e-mails to paypal as you want to accept from. I think this is what you mean by alias.

You are allowed 1 business and 1 personal account. That means you can have 1 business per-corporation you own that has a separate address & bank info (LAME!).

Chris
05-09-2008, 06:26 PM
The question is, when accepting payments, on their paypal activity page, does the customer see the alias or the master?

Blue Cat Buxton
05-10-2008, 08:28 AM
Certainly the subscriptions here show up as to Jalic, without reference to an email address

Mike
05-10-2008, 08:37 AM
I've always thought it was the master that showed...

Cutter
05-12-2008, 11:47 PM
In terms of multiple accounts, I've had a personal & business one for years with no problems.

ZigE
05-13-2008, 03:19 AM
Does anyone know of any simple paypal ipn learning resources? There is an enormous manual that I don't really have time to crawl through.

Nothing more than a couple of online products/subscriptions to talk back through php into my db.

Chris
05-13-2008, 05:15 PM
This help?

http://www.phpclasses.org/browse/package/2249.html

Todd W
05-13-2008, 05:41 PM
Does anyone know of any simple paypal ipn learning resources? There is an enormous manual that I don't really have time to crawl through.

Nothing more than a couple of online products/subscriptions to talk back through php into my db.

hotscripts.com php payment processing or paypal ipn search. I found a simple one to work with and was talking/saving data <1hr... it may have been posted here too :) (Search for posts started by me im 99% sure I linked to it).

allout
05-19-2008, 10:08 AM
Chris, when I tried to use multiple emails for different sites, the master name on the account showed up for all of them. When the person sends or receives payment from your account, the name on the account is what they see.

If for example your account is under John Smith, all dealings from the account will say you paid or you received from John Smith.
The email will be whichever one you use for your subscription. At least this is what I have experienced in all my dealings with Paypal. There may be a way to hide that but I have not found one.

simple_lhady
06-03-2008, 06:39 PM
talking about multiple accounts in paypal... since i also add my other paypal account, so when somebody is sending funds on my other account would it automatically appear to my primary paypal account? please advice.. i havent tried this stuff yet. thanks!

shaza4061
07-12-2008, 09:34 PM
I think there is no problem with multiple account, but if i am not mistaken paypal only allow for 1 personal account and 1 business account. Not sure if 2 personal account is allowed..

Gate2Shop
11-05-2008, 08:00 AM
If it is for subscriptions make sure you don't get nailed with rebilling costs, it may be an additional fee.

mickeyy
01-18-2010, 02:52 AM
They do allow more than one account, but not the same bank or credit card can be used so this allows them to grab money from each of your accounts at anytime and that includes fraudulent chargeback attempts, so Paypal is not merchant friendly, and I have dumped them.

TerryTurner
01-24-2010, 05:29 AM
II. User Responsibilities - Rule #1

No Multiple Accounts. Should you register for more than one Personal Account, PayPal reserves the right to terminate all of your accounts and will restrict you from the system going forward. Users may register and hold one Personal Account and either one Premier or one Business Account.

caliecarter
04-11-2011, 09:05 AM
Yes. PayPal members may have one Personal account and one Premier or Business account. You can add additional email addresses, credit cards and debit cards, and bank accounts to your Personal, Premier or Business account. However, each account must have its own email address and financial information. If only one account is needed you may also upgrade from a Personal account to a premier or business account

merchant services (http://www.occent.com.)

uoften
02-13-2012, 11:25 PM
As I know, I just know PayPaly and Credit card these two payment.But I don't know if it's possible to have two accounts or not. Now, I learnt from here, Thanks very much!