PDA

View Full Version : how to do link bait..??

joshuayork
05-08-2008, 07:53 AM
Hi....
I want to know something about SEO and I read from some article that link bait is a rapid way to get inlinks to site...
is it true???
is link bait safe???
how to do link bait..??:)

Pro
05-08-2008, 11:36 AM
Post something extremely offensive, controversial, and maybe slightly humorous. For an added bonus insult someone and send them a trackback. For two more points insult an entire industry and be sure to name names. Sit back, and let the links, and insults roll back in.

(Of course there is another option but I'll let someone else post that)

Chris
05-08-2008, 02:17 PM
You forgot lie and fabricate heh.

I cover link baiting in my link building methodologies article, part of the SEO guide, check it out. It really isn't much of anything, just a new label for what used to be considered just normal smart operating.

Dan Schulz
05-16-2008, 06:12 PM
Agreed. It basically boils down to writing quality content that other people will want to link to, such as this article on Copyblogger that talks about "writing for SEO" - www.copyblogger.com/writing-for-seo/

allout
05-19-2008, 09:45 AM
I use to find link baiting useful but lately it seems that most of the sites linking are just auto blogs that have nothing but content from other sites. Just write good quality content and build solid back links whenever you can and you will build your links up fairly quickly.

cothse
05-19-2008, 09:48 PM
I read a blog by a guy named Dean Hunt who talks about this a lot. I tinkered with it a little but I haven't been successful with it; "buzz" is really not my area of strength. Maybe it could help you though. http://www.deanhunt.com/