PDA

View Full Version : New here from the ever-expanding Triangle area of North Carolina

Raleigh_Artist
04-30-2008, 11:43 AM
Just a quick greeting.

I found the Website Publisher site yesterday while searching for something or another. An incredible wealth of information there, and when I saw this forum, I couldn't resist joining.

I'm a Raleigh, North Carolina-based graphic designer; mostly, I work in advertising and packaging. I have done a good deal of Web design in the past, but have grown a bit rusty, to be honest. If one stays out of the loop too long, one falls dreadfully behind!

I'm actually starting to get back to my first love, which is painting in oils and pastels. Diving back into the art world in my area (the Raleigh-Durham, Chapel Hill, or so-called Triangle area of NC) has recently sparked within me an idea for a Web site that could well have a lot of potential. My initial researches indicate an un-serviced niche. Of course, there's more research to do, to see if I'm indeed on the right track.

For now, I'm very glad to have discovered this forum. I'm here to learn from y'all.

Rick Koobs
The Artist Exposed, or, How I'm Finally Gettin' Serious About Makin' Art (http://theartistexposed.blogspot.com)