PDA

View Full Version : blogs for SEO

Cloughie
04-28-2008, 12:15 AM
Hey,

I am thinking of adding a professional athlete blog section on www.atlargenutrition.com. Wordpress probably.

We have a bunch of sponsored athletes and I was going to pick a couple of start with and ask if they could keep a live blog on the AtLarge Nutrition website, updating it 3-4 times per week with their workouts, lifestyle etc.

I also think we might have an official ALB blog which will be our view on the industry, cool things going on in sports and ALN thoughts for the future.

I see it as a simple way to add regular key word rich content to an ecommerce site which on the whole don't get updated that often. And, I think our customers would be very interested in reading it and it's such a great way to get some interactive content going on atlargenutrition.com

Good idea? Anything to specifically bear in mind when implementing it?

Chris
04-30-2008, 07:44 AM
I find blogs a great way to build link popularity.

However I don't know if you get as much of a benefit when it is on the site you're trying to promote, it would help certainly, but not help as much as if it appeared to be an independent blog.

Something to keep in mind.

Cloughie
05-01-2008, 12:35 AM
ahh, that's interesting.

I was coming at it from the buildsing extra pages of content that could be crawled.

You're coming at it from building incoming links, I see.

Well, that's easy. I am doing it for an online hypnotherapy site for example - empoweringsounds.com

I will create a blog on there and we'll update it a few times a week with interesting content. Good to keep people coming back and it will generate extra pages.

I'll also have my borther the producer of the cds have a blog on www.josephclough.com and build links to empowering sounds where possible.

Sound the best of woth worlds? We'll obviously make sure the content is not duplicated.

bermuda
05-02-2008, 02:29 PM
Blogs are excellent but some matters count. Like the pace of promoting them, whether or not running them from new, separate domain names or having them as subdomains.

Cloughie
05-06-2008, 02:36 PM
ok, so how about this?

I have 3 or 4 athletes ready to start blogging. They will update their blog 3 or 4 times a week with detailed training, diet and supplement progress logs and a bit on their daily life. They are all well known strength athletes so they should be interesting reads.

My original idea was to create sub domains of www.atlargenutrition.com and have a Athlete blog section.

So, www.atlargenutrition.com/blog and then have an index page of our blogs with some rss feeds. Each one would be hosted on athletename.atlargenutriton.com

Now, if external domain blogs are going to be better for me, I can register theirname-blog.com and then create 3 or 4 external websites and have them link back to atlargenutrition.com regularly. I could also still create a blogs section on atlargenutrition.com but just list the external urls with a bit of a brief bio on each person.

Thoughts?

mails
05-19-2008, 11:45 PM
I'd build only one blog on your main site and let the athletes blog there....more frequent posts, good Google alerts :)

~Mails