PDA

View Full Version : Getting Started- Any Help Appreciated

Babelfish
04-27-2008, 08:09 PM
Hello, names Ryan. I have always wanted to be an entrepreneur of sorts, for some reason I would be more happy making 2000 a month freely than I would making a million be employed by someone.

I am a senior in high school right now, and am curious as to how much money it usually takes you guys to get started in this. The effort part isn't a problem, when I put my mind to something I am relentless.

Farmer77
04-27-2008, 09:20 PM
The overhead is extremely low for this type of work. For each domain name, you are paying 10 dollars or less a year. Then you have to get a server to host your sites. Depending on your needs, you can get one for really cheap.

Read the articles and tutorials on websitepublisher.net. It is the type of information that people usually pay good money for in Ebooks. If you keep at it and follow through, I'm confident you can amount a good livable income.

Chris
04-28-2008, 10:58 AM
As farmer says, you can get started with next to nothing, and indeed most of us probably did.

Now... if you have money, you can certainly help yourself and maybe do more at first, but you don't need money to get started in website publishing.

Todd W
04-28-2008, 01:17 PM
Domain: <10
Hosting: <10 (to start)

The rest you need to learn or you will pay a lot.
-Design
-Content Writing
-Promotion
-Monetization
-Possible Programming

There are people and companies who specialize in each area but if you pay for each one you will be needing a LOT more $ to start.