PDA

View Full Version : Google has broken me - I signed up for adwords

Apollo
02-05-2004, 11:24 AM
Yes it's sad but true ... I am no match for Google's mythical "50 Phds".

After consigning one of my websites from number 1 to the google blackhole for the 2 main search terms I thought I'd better give adwords a go until this gets sorted out.

However, I am not sure how this game goes. Now I have signed up for adwords does that mean I will NEVER return to the free listings? :rolleyes:

r2d2
02-05-2004, 12:01 PM
They are completely independent.

incka
02-05-2004, 12:41 PM
Yeah,

Now everyone worship Godgle! :rolleyes:

chromate
02-05-2004, 12:53 PM
Adwords / adsense supposedly has absolutely no baring on your SERPs placement. Try not to worry. I'm sure one day, you will return to the normal SERPs. When? I have no idea. I still have no idea why sites keep getting "dropped" for certain keywords. Local Rank makes sense as far as a SERP position goes, but I've not seen one reasonable explanation why a site should get "dropped". All you can do is ride this wave out and hope that it doesn't last too long.

Mike
02-05-2004, 01:25 PM
Imho it won't go back to normal, but in the next few months someones gonna find out the new seo secrets (if they are any?).

snoopers
02-05-2004, 05:09 PM
Yeah, I doubt that there will be return of the old.

chromate
02-05-2004, 05:10 PM
Yeah. I don't think we're going to see any big change back to how it was. I think there will be changes "here and there" though. I think it will be quite some time before we can be certain why google are giving some sites the boot though.