PDA

View Full Version : improvement in your search engine placement,,,how long???

ryanwilde
04-23-2008, 01:08 PM
Hi there....

I have a question.....
Once you begin using SEO, how long until you see improvement in your search engine placement?

thanks for reply....

Dan Schulz
04-23-2008, 04:26 PM
It depends on a lot of factors. How competitive are the search terms you want to rank well for? How well optimized are the competitors' sites? How many quality relevant inbound links (internal and external) are pointing to their pages? (These questions also apply to your own site.)

Also, are you asking about turnaround times on seed/primary keywords, secondary and tertiary keywords, or long-tail keywords?

(A general rule of thumb is not to expect overnight results - it can take up to a year or more to see any general improvements.)

quazmosis
04-24-2008, 09:52 AM
Yeah I've been researching and learning about this SEO stuff as well and for what I gather, its a lot of "wait time"

ASP-Hosting.ca
04-26-2008, 08:15 PM
It's not a lot of "wait time" if you get quality backlinks and you have unique content...

Farmer77
04-27-2008, 02:16 AM
The niche you are in weighs heavily on how long it takes to get up on the SERPs as well.

Chris
04-27-2008, 06:29 PM
Patience is a virtue, sometimes it can just take time. I often, nowadays, have year long horizons with my new sites.

I can afford this long wait because I am already successful, but I can understand how frustrating it can be to someone just starting out.

bermuda
05-02-2008, 03:00 PM
It also depends on the search engines you are going to have traffic from. For example, getting a website to the high positions in Yahoo and MSN is relatively easier than When you solely want to emphasize on Google rankings.

TryUsOut
05-30-2008, 01:28 AM
Hi there....

I have a question.....
Once you begin using SEO, how long until you see improvement in your search engine placement?

thanks for reply....
Its hard to tell. As some have already pointed out - competition, SEO process implemented, onpage optimization, etc. are just some factors that would relevantly affect your SEO.

Just one advice: When you build your backlinks, build them in relevant sites in your niche. You get to target your market as well by doing so ;)

jen0608
06-02-2008, 09:12 AM
Hi there....

I have a question.....

thanks for reply....

You can see improvement in one month as long as you properly optimized the site content and get links from quality related site.