PDA

View Full Version : media player

funday
07-18-2003, 04:56 AM
i am new at web design and what i need to do is mack a video clip on a web site when you click on it , it must open in media player at the moment the way it was set up it first has to download which can take up to an hour
please any ideas would be great

thanks

Chris
07-19-2003, 04:37 PM
What application is used or how it is used is controlled by the user with their Internet settings. There isn't much you can do to change this - except perhaps to use a more universal format (one which may not require a download on most systems)

incka
10-12-2003, 06:35 AM
You could try streaming it, so it would have to open in a media player.

My only other tip is for when they click on the link, for it to open a popup that you have customized to look like windows media which will play the video. I've seen a few of these across the net...

Best.Flash
10-26-2003, 09:44 AM
You could do this with Macromedia Flash MX / MX2004 or Wildform Flix - you can easily set your video clip up to stream and add a status preloader.

manonthestreet
10-26-2003, 05:22 PM
You can use quicktime as a progressive download to mimic a streaming clip if you do not have a streaming server.

Your server needs to be able to handle quicktime mime types [most are] and the person viewing the clip will not have to sit around for the full download before viewing starts.

You can embed quicktime into a pop-up and design your own player using flash or html.

spotmea30
04-13-2006, 08:03 PM
I've had great success with Webmaster Media Kit (http://goflyasite.com/blog/2006/04/12/adding-streaming-video-to-your-website/). Has anyone else tried it?

Emancipator
04-13-2006, 08:44 PM
looks like a neat application thanks for the link Spot.