PDA

View Full Version : Cybersquatting

clan_law
03-06-2008, 09:16 AM
Cybersquatting usually happens when someone acquire or use as its domain name, a registered trademark or service mark of an existing business without authority, in anticipation of selling it out to the company later on usually at an inflated price when they would later decide to venture into the internet medium.

It is a profiteering scheme which is made in bad faith and was held as a cyber crime by law of different state or jurisdictions.

What is your say to this growing issue of cybersquatting?
:flare:

Generalissimo
03-06-2008, 11:02 AM
I disagree with the 'in anticipation of selling it out to the company later on usually at an inflated price when they would later decide to venture into the internet medium'.

In most cases that simply is not true. The reason is to make money from people getting the company website address wrong then going to a parked page and clicking ads.

manny_mandy
03-17-2008, 02:04 PM
In today’s world, the use of the internet as a medium of communication of most people in the entire world was common.

Internet has become the source of information, a medium of communication and a convenient and fast way to do business transactions.

Many businesses have made the internet as a medium to advertise their company or products and services. Even professionals have made known their services through internet.

Government functionalities have been using internet to facilitate its public service and international relations as well.

Through internet transactions are expedited.

On different score, the internet had been made an avenue for scams. Several violations, intrusions of scrupulous individuals have been committed. It had affected the whole lot of user of the internet medium.

Here is the catch. There was this unlawful settler in the internet. Cybersquatting, as has been coined by law in different jurisdiction.

Cybersquatting, had affected several businesses, professional partnerships, governments and individuals.

Generalissimo
03-22-2008, 03:54 AM
Is this some form of intelligent spam that doesn't have links?

Chris
03-22-2008, 06:08 AM
The replies have been spam, so I selectively removed those. The rest is content though, so I figured might as well let it stay readable by search engines and all.