PDA

View Full Version : SEO for Yahoo

Emancipator
03-04-2008, 11:03 AM
I am getting no traffic from yahoo. Quite literally next to nothing. I am looking to hire somebody who can give me results and perhaps improve my other rankings. Price is an issue but the key is results. I figured perhaps Chris or one of you other well informed people that I trust could help me with the answer.

Chris
03-04-2008, 12:54 PM
I find Yahoo to be a tricky beast as well, used to be you just buy a directory listing and you were golden, but they don't even seem to value there own directory much anymore.

In contrasting Yahoo with Google I would surmise that Yahoo favors quantity of in-links more than quality.

Emancipator
03-04-2008, 01:00 PM
ive heard that they no longer value their own directory myself. If you were going to hire somebody to help you chris who would it be? I think the key is doing a link building campaign, but what do I know :) I also dont have the time to do it right and would much rather pay a company to do it right, and any thing else they think should be done.

Chris
03-04-2008, 01:12 PM
I have never found what I consider to be a trustworthy link building service. And you really do need someone trustworthy, your site's reputation and rankings are on the line if they mess up.

Take solace in the fact that yahoo provides crap-for-traffic. Few people use them for search, and then they had to wade through a lot of ads to even click on a listing.

Of course, Yahoo does have robust backlink reporting, so check the backlinks of your top competitors, and try to get all those places to link to you too.

Emancipator
03-04-2008, 06:35 PM
yeah i find that when i do get hits off google it can be insane. The one time i peaked on yahoo it translated to 28,000 uniques a day.

I know what your saying chris about getting good repuatable service.. its way easier to get HOSED

cooluks
03-13-2008, 11:41 AM
I find Yahoo to be a tricky beast as well, used to be you just buy a directory listing and you were golden, but they don't even seem to value there own directory much anymore.

In contrasting Yahoo with Google I would surmise that Yahoo favors quantity of in-links more than quality.

Yes, I agree because yahoo will charged you $300+ (correct me if I'm wrong) if you submit to them a business site..

And yahoo is more on contents.... :)

Here I have some links about Yahoo (http://www.unitedworx.com/articles/seo/yahoo-abandons-backlinks-and-pr-for-relevance)