PDA

View Full Version : C.M.S system

StuartDykes
03-02-2008, 02:27 PM
At what stage is it advisible to switch over to a cms system. I have a website, www.weekendgolfer.co.uk, and I keep having good ideas on how to expand the site. But I hate going through all the pages and changing the menu options. Even though the site is only around twenty pages at the moment I could move it up to about a hundred pages. What do you suggest about a cms?

Out of interest, Im assuming this site uses some type of cms or something? How do you integrate blogs, articles and a forum?

Chris
03-03-2008, 06:53 AM
Most pros will implement a CMS, either custom or a prebuilt solution, from the getgo.

As for this site, it isn't all integrated.

The blog runs Wordpress, the forums run Vbulletin, the articles are a custom CMS I built. The homepage listing of blog posts and forum posts is just a simple little import script.

KLB
03-03-2008, 12:31 PM
I'd agree that the best time to implement a CMS is up front when a site is first built.

Emancipator
03-04-2008, 10:59 AM
i agree. All my sites use CMS systems. Its the same CMS system I built, just tweaked for each application so they dont look the same. I would never go back to a static site. A good cms saves TONS of time