PDA

View Full Version : AdSense: Ad Review Center

KLB
02-27-2008, 12:48 PM
Today I discovered that Google has given us something called "Ad Review Center", which allows us to approve/block ads that show up on our sites in mass instead of having to just stumble on them on our own. I'm not sure, but I think this is only for site targeted ads as I didn't see many of the ads I normally see on my pages. Still, even being able to block undesirable site targeted ads in this way is really nice.

In my case, I was finding ads targeting my site for some Republican running for Senate in Illinois. In general, I'm not to keen to have political ads run on my site, but I especially don't like "attack" ads to be run on my site.

One big drawback I see to the tool thus far is that it doesn't provide the ability to only see ads that have not been previously reviewed.

FPU
02-28-2008, 09:27 AM
You have always been able to block sites you do not want Ken.

This may just be an enhancement of the program.

Good to see you around my friend.

KLB
02-28-2008, 10:54 AM
Yes, but you could only block those ads that you KNEW about. This new tool lets you see ALL the site targeted ads and selectively block individual ad units. For instance you could block one ad-campaign from a specific advertiser, but still allow other ad campaigns from that advertisers. This is handy in selectively eliminating one bad ad, without taking out an advertiser all together.

Westech
02-28-2008, 12:38 PM
I'm not able to find the Ad Review Center in my account. Where are you seeing it?

KLB
02-28-2008, 12:47 PM
I first saw it from a "what's new" link. I now find it under "AdSense Setup." Maybe it is in beta and only being selectively rolled out.