PDA

View Full Version : This Could Be Big Poll

Starting Big
02-21-2008, 10:22 AM
Referencing the "This Could Be Big" thread, here are some availiable domain names. Obviously there are better ones, but already taken. Thanks for your time!

Starting Big
02-21-2008, 12:03 PM
What about marketing thebetterlist.com in the states, and betteradlistings.com in other countries, which would direct traffic to thebetterlist.com?

Chris
02-21-2008, 12:58 PM
I tend to not be in favor of using two different names for one site.

"a better list" was taken?

Todd W
02-21-2008, 06:12 PM
I don't like any of them....

Starting Big
02-21-2008, 07:32 PM
Chris...yes, abetterlist is taken.
Todd...the choices listed wouldn't necessarily be my first choice either, but that's what is left. I'm sure I could come up with something more clever and irrelevent, but I feel this site's name should be relevent to its content.

Blue Cat Buxton
02-23-2008, 12:56 PM
This is what your uk competition is doing

gumtree.com

not an ad or a list in the url

Starting Big
02-23-2008, 07:47 PM
Thanks again Blue! It seems that gumtree is almost a spitting image of craigslist as far as being easy to use and services offered. The fact that they too have a relationship of some sort with ebay (Kijiji), and that CL is part owned by ebay pisses me off. I'm not exactly sure why, but it does. Anyway, I still believe there is more than enough room for another serious contender, especially since ebay doesn't yet own everything online. I believe that my cat-in-the-hat will give my site what it needs to have a fighting chance. It's waiting to be built, I'm just trying to settle some partnership issues first. GRrrr!

Blue Cat Buxton
02-24-2008, 04:51 AM
You are welcome!

I came accross gumtree when looking to rent out a lock up garage and didn't know where to market it,a nd gumtree came up in the search results, so they have good & varied placements within search engines to help get them traffic, I am not aware of them advertising elsewhere.