PDA

View Full Version : Am I really hopeless at SEO?

zephyr_seven
02-19-2008, 12:07 PM
I am so depressed... Google has just knocked down my website from 6th page and I can't find it anywhere :( Is it possible that I've been banned?

I had one <div> with headings displayed over the visible edge of the screen, invisible for the users... And also my description was: "My Space to Complain".

Is it possible that google banned me because of that?

.. I would like to ask you only one question however... What keywords would you choose for this website:http://www.quacko.co.uk

At first, I thought that "complaing, grumble, whine" would be the best keywords but... It is a kind of a discussion board - and my aim is to attract people to that website - what should I do?

Should I change my keywords, my slogan???

cooluks
02-19-2008, 12:32 PM
You can replace anchor text to your targeted keywords instead of your url.

Chris
02-20-2008, 07:25 PM
See, this is your problem.

You've decided to name your site something catchy but then your marketing plan is to market it via keyword based SEO.

The two things do not jive well, especially when your site niche is something so generic.

Unless you plan on sinking some money into advertising, you really need to title & name your site a little differently if you want good SEO homepage juju.

ericajoieake
02-29-2008, 12:51 PM
well I think you have to really focus on what you are doing on your site and you must search a lot of new tips and techniques of seo then apply it on you site!