PDA

View Full Version : What is wrong with my website?

zephyr_seven
02-13-2008, 01:01 PM
I launched it a month ago and everything was working fine. I've added my website to web directories, published a couple of posts on different discussion boards - but suddenly, the number of links and backlings started to decrease and my website is now on 5th page in Google (was at the top of 3rd).

I wonder, what I am doing wrong?

Steve2507
02-16-2008, 03:57 PM
Simple answer is it takes time. There is no quick fix to SEO.

StuartDykes
02-17-2008, 10:22 AM
I also have this. I was on the first page for one of my keywords. I added the site to about 50 directories with high pr's. But now I'v moved down to the second page.
Im so confudeld.

allout
02-17-2008, 01:45 PM
Often times a new site will reach the top of the rankings very quickly. This is normally temporary and in a couple of weeks it settles down to where it should be. This is quite normal.

As far as the links, if you are talking about Google, all links do not show up. They rate the links by their own criteria and if they showed up right away, Google may have reevaluated them and they are no longer included. That is why you often have 1000s of links showing up for Yahoo and only 50 in Google.

Google keeps their algorithm secret so no one knows for sure why a link is or is not counted and why one site ranks higher than another. Keep working on promoting your site and tweaking your SEO and you might see it climb up gain.

iceshards
02-17-2008, 06:16 PM
Changes in algorithm buddy. Search Engine frequent change in their algorithm. don't worry about it. That's natural.

cooluks
02-22-2008, 08:40 PM
Changes in algorithm and your competitors in that keywords.. That's the reason...

ericajoieake
02-29-2008, 12:41 PM
there's a possibility that your competitor doing more seo task or discovered the latest tips and techniques of seo, that's why it happened to your site!

tella.star
04-03-2008, 08:52 AM
do more seo-ing. and i think its just natural that sometimes youre on top sometimes youre behind the list. that means you need to do some fixing and hard work.