PDA

View Full Version : Hiring labour

Dan Morgan
02-11-2008, 07:49 AM
Thinking about outsourcing some content aggregation for a site but am not sure of the best source to find it.

I know of the normal places to get programming etc, but if I want to get someone, for example, to go to a brands website and pull the specs of their products into a spreadsheet (with permission) where would I get that?

Figure it might require 5-10 hours to do that, plus maybe a few hours to crop the relevant images.

Anyone got any ideas?

Mike
02-11-2008, 11:16 AM
Ugh... outsourcing, one of the worst things on being a publisher.

I usually try Digitalpoint but as I've found this week, they're not always reliable.

Why can't you go to your usual places anyway?

Cutter
02-11-2008, 03:38 PM
http://getafreelancer.com/ , post it under "Data processing" and "data entry"

Go with whoever sounds like English is their native language. Should be a $50 job tops.

Dan Morgan
02-12-2008, 03:06 AM
Thanks Cutter.

Mike, I could use the usual sources, but I was wondering if there were any dedicated places for PC savvy freelancers where it was not about web programming, but just plain data entry.

phazex
03-19-2008, 01:05 AM
You could probably get a programmer for this type of job too. I'd imagine using some regular expressions with a script library that strips html will do the job. Web scripting languages also have image functions that will also do the job of cropping and resizing images.

Dan Morgan
08-19-2008, 04:42 AM
Just updating this thread as I belatedly went ahead with posting a project today. I'll let you know how I get on.