PDA

View Full Version : MAssive Google Ad buy by Toyota

Chris
02-04-2008, 09:42 PM
Anyone else noticing a preponderance of Toyota ads on Adsense right now? I'm noticing them on many of my (unrelated) sites. I also had higher than normal (or, shall I say, "less lower") CPMs today.

Chris
02-06-2008, 08:04 PM
Nope.. figured it out... Google is running a bunch of Atonement Video ads (in the 300x200 box size) on my literature site. Very very nice revenue, really great cPM, I just doubled the impressions I was giving them as soon as I figured it out. I've gotten those artsy movie ads regularly from Google on my site and they always do very well.

This makes me wish I had that ad size integrated into my forum, you always get really nice ads with that size... anyone seen a good forum integration of that type of unit?

Emancipator
02-07-2008, 05:51 PM
i stopped using google the cpms were so darn low. Do you find the 300x200 does well?

Chris
02-07-2008, 06:31 PM
Well... all my CPMs had dropped too, but it just shot up so far in February, this ad unit anyways.

LazyCat
02-08-2008, 09:24 AM
Personally I run hot and cold on AdSense. I know when I'm setting up PPC for a client I generally avoid anything but search displays.

I watch and wait.