PDA

View Full Version : absolute beginer

gonzo
01-28-2008, 08:42 PM
i have no experience in website building and i want to make one. i need to know the simplest and easiest way to make a website that will have; users accounts, ability to upload photos, and the ability to comment and rate the photos. i can design the page, i've had experience with dreamweaver but now i have expression web. but i just need to know the simplest and easiest way to make a site with these capabilities.

jbladeus
03-01-2008, 03:13 AM
You'd be better off if you install a CMS like joomla instead of toiling away in DW or expression. Open-source CMSes can get you going quite quickly with regards to image gallery, comments and polls. If you have some html and php know-how that would be even better so that you would be able to customize it to your needs.

phazex
03-19-2008, 12:33 AM
Gonzo, Word press might have what you're looking for. http://www.wordpress.org

Dan Schulz
03-22-2008, 01:33 AM
I'll second the CMS setup. Though you may want to consider asking someone to set it up for you if you don't know how to do it yourself.

Leo F. Swiontek
04-01-2008, 03:51 AM
Beginners need to learn HTML, CSS and webdesigning. Because it is very necessary to get a clear idea about designing and development. So you can get online tutorials as well.

Leo F. Swiontek

Farmer77
04-23-2008, 12:43 AM
Learn some simple HTML, such as how to add a picture to a site, how to break lines and how to add links. Use free website places like Geocities to practice. I highly suggest looking into wordpress. It's pretty straight forward and you don't need to know much html unless you are planning to customize your site.

joshuayork
04-29-2008, 08:44 AM
To start your programming practice....

try to visit...

http://www.alt-php-faq.org/index.html

bermuda
05-02-2008, 02:36 PM
The web based CMS applications are great because you do not need having complex knowledge of the way databases work and the installation is done in a matter of minutes, or even seconds sometimes.

allout
05-08-2008, 04:15 AM
I think the easiest way is to buy an inexpensive hosting, get a good domain, and set up Word Press. It is the best way to start and it offers so many different plug ins that can do some amazing things. I use to design my own sites but I am hooked on Word Press and taht is all I use.

Most hosting has easy to install Word press built right in.

tactishian
06-15-2008, 03:51 PM
I agree with allout. Wordpress is very easy to use and has a great admin panel which you will benefit from tremendously. Give it a go. If you need any help be sure to send me a PM I will be more than happy to help you out.

webcs
07-01-2008, 07:41 AM
i have no experience in website building and i want to make one. i need to know the simplest and easiest way to make a website that will have; users accounts, ability to upload photos, and the ability to comment and rate the photos. i can design the page, i've had experience with dreamweaver but now i have expression web. but i just need to know the simplest and easiest way to make a site with these capabilities.

Sounds like you need a very specific application, a gallery system. So my advice is not to create a website at all, just have a gallery system installed which will literally become the website.

We can install (or a another good host can) you with an account that has a pre-built gallery system that allows for client uploaded, comments, etc. In our case, can install this for free as it is part of our libraries. If you want to install one manually there are tons of such applications on google.

Do not create this from scratch, there is no need. take care.

gpcgy
07-10-2008, 09:44 AM
it's better to use CMS to build, if you want to make it yourself, Dreamweave is good choise.

Irenic Shogun
07-12-2008, 10:55 AM
I'd recommend you visit HTML Dog (http://htmldog.com) they're one of the best HTML/CSS/PHP/Java tutorial websites out there.

shaza4061
07-14-2008, 07:50 AM
Agreed, use CMS. i have very little experience in web designing but i have successfully setup a few using Joomla. Wordpress is not bad though for blogs