PDA

View Full Version : Index page gone for 2.5 months please help

awschk
01-24-2008, 12:01 PM
Only the index page has been gone, www.allkidslamps.com the rest of the pages are still there. When you type in the keywords of my index page it does not show up. All the other pages show up when using their keywords. When I type in site:mysite.com then my index page appears. So the page is still indexed some how but does not show up....
Any advice? It has been 2.5 MONTHS now!
PLEASE
Peter

Chris
01-24-2008, 01:21 PM
Hmmm.... I've most often noticed this when the site in question was using questionable link building techniques.

Do you use Google SiteMaps, do you have any warnings of penalties or anything in that console?s

Nico
01-24-2008, 02:03 PM
Im having the exact same issue with a new site of mine. The Home page was indexed and appearing in the results, but then it stop appearing. It's still indexed, but it's not showing on any keywords. And like you, the internal pages are working well.

No weird link strategies or webmaster problems for my site. So im also not sure what it is.

ZigE
01-24-2008, 05:47 PM
That is strange, I'd make a post in the google webmaster forums. Someone there might be able to see whats going on.

Nico
02-28-2008, 07:55 PM
In case it helps...the index page of the site i mentioned got back to the SERPS yesterday, after more than 2 months.
Im still not sure what happened, but....2 hours before the site came back, i uploaded an empty robots.txt file the the site. 2 hours later the index page was appearing again. I should say that the site Didn't have a robots.txt before, so it wasn't like there was an error there or something.

Of course, it may be luck....so i did the exact same thing (today) with another site that had the same issue. I uploaded a robots.txt file...and guess what? A few hours later (4 or so) the index was appearing again.

It can't be coincidence twice! ...and only a few hrs after i uploaded the robots file...in 2 different days.

Anyway, im happy since they are back again :)

ericajoieake
02-29-2008, 12:29 PM
that's so weird!