PDA

View Full Version : CMS For a Review/Article Website

MaxS
01-02-2008, 06:27 PM
A friend of mine is starting his first website, a computer hardware review site, and is looking for a free content management system.

Of course, Wordpress came to mind, but it would require a lot of modifications for it to be appropriate for a content website.

What do you think?

Thanks for the help.

peach
01-02-2008, 09:36 PM
A friend of mine is starting his first website, a computer hardware review site, and is looking for a free content management system.

Of course, Wordpress came to mind, but it would require a lot of modifications for it to be appropriate for a content website.

What do you think?

Thanks for the help.

take a look at Drupal, or maybe Joomla if he's not very technical.

bbolte
01-03-2008, 12:20 PM
I'll recommend Joomla! also: http://www.joomla.org

Kyle
01-03-2008, 04:05 PM
Joomla is easiest to setup and use.

If you friend knows an intermediate css/php developer who can help with design customization, definitely go with drupal. It is the better product for experienced webmasters.

Shyflower
01-03-2008, 04:09 PM
The new version of Wordpress is easily adaptable for use as a CMS and has functions to use as both blog pages and static pages. It's also very easy to learn how to use it and comes with both a wysiwyg and the ability to hand-code it.

MaxS
01-05-2008, 12:05 AM
Thanks for the suggestions. I ended up putting up Drupal for him. We'll see if he actually puts the time in to learn it.

dvduval
01-05-2008, 01:56 PM
Good luck with it. I would love to see what you did. In the next version of phpLD, we will have the functionality to do this too. It is due out soon.