PDA

View Full Version : Frameset Q

dekel
01-26-2004, 05:00 AM
Only yesterday I started to think about this whole ranking stuff, so sorry for all the questions.

I have someone linking to me with rate 7, (and it gives my page rank 5) the problem is that he is linking to a frameset. This frameset opens 3 frames, one of them is the main page of this area of my site and from there are many links to other sub pages. I just realized that I am wasting this guys' links to me (about 10 links to diffrent pages) because of these frames.
If I put in the body of the frameset the body of my main frame, title, alts etc will it count as if they are linked to a page that is ranked 7 and it will be indexed higher? Or do I need to lose all these frames? Also how this frameeset got rank 5 with no content? does google follow the frameset?

Thanks,
D.

MarkB
01-26-2004, 05:28 AM
Do you have noframes content in your frameset?

Meta information?

dekel
01-26-2004, 05:32 AM
Meta tags I have, but nothing more. That was what I was thinking about... if I put under the body tag content does it count? Or inside the noframes? There is an answer for this or no one knows?

MarkB
01-26-2004, 05:33 AM
Well, you should have noframes content anyway - you never know when someone may have frames disabled (I think Opera allows this?), or viewed by a bot that cannot see frames.

Chris
01-26-2004, 06:50 AM
I would recommend losing the frame altogether.

incka
01-26-2004, 09:30 AM
Frames = Evil.

And that isn't just about search engines...

dekel
01-26-2004, 11:22 AM
And what about inline frame?
If I want to build a large page but to have an option to change menus etc, what would be the best way, "search engine wise"?