PDA

View Full Version : a kelkoo-like site?

Sassou
12-22-2007, 04:08 PM
Hello buddies
I like to create a website like kelkoo (http://www.kelkoo.co.uk / http://www.kelkoo.fr) etc.,
I would like to incorporate many technical info for different products and then have a search engine that can be used by the user. For instance if the user searches for "Personal Computer" all the results about PCs are displayed with a link to the manufacturer or the seller. Something like Kelkoo exactly. Free is better.

Of course I am not searching for the same complexity as kelkoo but for something that might serve the same purpose.
It has to have:
- an admin (back office) to add items in different categories (with WYSIWYG editor)
- multi-specification search engine
- Submission for for the sellers to post their products
- moderation queue for the submitted products
- PHP/MySQL (preferably)
- rating system for the items
- reviews system for the items
- narrow search results by category/price range
When I said free is better I didn't mean that I wasn't ready to pay money at all but I have limited budget (low $xxx)

Thanks a million...

john190
12-30-2007, 02:49 PM
Something like kelkoo has taken thousands to get of the ground. I can't see you getting a good site of the ground like that for a few hundred and free, you have no chance. There are a few free affiliate type programs that allow you to ad product price comparisons to your site, but can't remember what they were called.

You should be able to pick up some price comparison scripts under $1k, but they are no where near as good as Kelkoo I don't think and probably can't handle that many products. Have you tried Hotscripts.com. You may find them sort of scripts there. look for price comparison script or something along them lines.

chrisranjana.com
01-03-2008, 11:02 PM
I have to second that. This really falls in the custom programming realm.

phazex
03-19-2008, 12:31 AM
Free isn't going to happen. A custom programming job for this type of site will run you a few thousand dollars just to start. The reason you see scripts being advertised for $150-400 is because they're basic and the average client isn't going to have the few thousand dollars that a firm would charge to do the same thing. A lower price equals an increase in demand.