PDA

View Full Version : So how much work will you all do over the Festive Period?

Blue Cat Buxton
12-21-2007, 08:05 AM
Things are really quiet today, and I am getting a few things in order, but will probably not get a chance to , or need to, turn on a PC to work, until after the 27th or 28th December.

Which is nice. Anyone not planning to switch off for a day or so?

mobilebadboy
12-21-2007, 08:38 AM
I'll be working every day through the end of the year. And beyond.

Chris
12-21-2007, 12:51 PM
I'm more or less "off" until the 26th at this point. I will of course have to check in here and my other forums to shoot any spammers that venture onto the property.

Mike
12-21-2007, 01:41 PM
Unfortunately, I'll probably work more now than I do usual. I'll have Christmas day off and probably another one, but I'll have plenty of free time so it may as well be put to good use :)

agua
12-21-2007, 05:06 PM
I'll do minimal work until the 2nd January, then half shift until the 9th and back full time after that - its summer here and the mercury has already tipped 30º - they are predicting 38º for Christmas Day - too hot to work, time to swim :)

Johnny Gulag
12-21-2007, 11:07 PM
I am going to work every day that there is work to do, got to pay for all the presents I have bought people. :)

ZigE
12-21-2007, 11:29 PM
Thinking I should schedule to have a few days off, probably head to the beach or something. Since it's going to be a very busy January, but i'm looking forward to it :santasmil

demosfen
12-25-2007, 09:49 AM
Working as usual, I am not religious. Even more than usual, have to ship all these Christmas orders out

Generalissimo
12-25-2007, 12:34 PM
I did far more work today than I usually do. I stayed up to 5am this morning working, so that counts as 5 hours, then I've done another 3 hours or so since I woke up after about 3 hours sleep. I'm getting tired now though. Got lots of high-value work-hours in though.

KLB
12-26-2007, 03:31 PM
I did minimal work on Christmas day, but am pretty much working straight out rest of the time. The new website I'm working on that I mentioned a while back (http://InternetSAR.org) has its first real search mission for a missing pilot in British Columbia. We had been working on getting the imagery together for a couple of weeks now and were finally able to go live with that search effort on Dec. 24th. I won't make anything from all of my work this holiday season, but what better way to honor the season than to devote one's time to an altruistic humanitarian effort?

jasonk1234
12-28-2007, 01:36 PM
I have been off since the 23rd and don't go back until the 2. A nice little vacation

KLB
12-28-2007, 01:53 PM
Well it turns out that I am working harder now than I have all year. We started a new search mission on Monday (24th) and by Wed (26th) the media started picking up our story. On Wed morning there were 40 members on my new InternetSAR.org website and by yesterday afternoon we had over 400 members. Right now I'm sitting at around 650 members and rapidly climbing. I hardly have time to program. For the last two days it was all I could do to keep up with my email. Many of the aviation related publications are writing stories about our search effort for Ron Boychuk in British Columbia and the British Columbia media has been picking it up as well. I've done five or six interviews in the last three days (I can't even keep track).

I'm telling you a Slashdot is nothing. Just see what happens when the aviation community gets excited about something.

This is pretty exciting, but man I could use some sleep. ;)