PDA

View Full Version : New here - looking for help, please.

anim8
12-17-2007, 10:47 PM
Hi,

I'm new here and looking for a little direction. I have a client in need of a website outside the scope of my expertise. I specialize in Flash sites/content - design/programming, with basic site building skills; html, css, javascript, xml...

I need to build a MySpace/BB style site, but for music and with fees. Client wants to start small, on a local level, with the capacity to grow.

Can anyone offer me advise re: existing software - language, database, bandwidth recommendations...

Even though a bit uncomfortable it is not the first time I've jumped into new territory. (certainly is good for learning) but I do need to know whether it would be cost effective for me to take this on alone or if a collaborative effort makes more sense.

Design/development fees alone make this a worthy project, not to mention the potential for site share profits, so any advise would be greatly appreciated. And, since this is probably the wrong place to post my questions, a nudge towards the correct forum would be great too!