PDA

View Full Version : Go Daddy query re FREE parked pages

Millionaireholic
12-17-2007, 02:14 PM
Hi
New to the forum but I was wondering if someone might have the answer to this question. I have a couple of URLs that I have purchased from Go Daddy, but when i type in the URL it looks like Go Daddy are using the URL for marketing of other sites on what I thought was my site!

Is there anyway to stop Go Daddy using my site like this?

Thanks

Chris
12-17-2007, 04:45 PM
You need to buy hosting somewhere and redirect your domain to your hosting account. Sounds like you're just using Godaddy's default domain parking.

Billyray
12-18-2007, 04:38 PM
Yeah Godaddy automatically use your domain for themselves and you have to add nameservers to stop it. It's just another annoying thing Godaddy do.

Go to the following link to see how to change them.

http://help.godaddy.com/article.php?article_id=339&topic_id=

Webmines
02-04-2008, 05:18 AM
This may be a late reply as I have just joined this forum. To answer the question about godaddy and parked pages, maybe I can shed some light.

Godaddy uses parked pages as an income source for them not the domain name owner. However you can profit from parked pages by becoming a reseller, selling domain names to yourself or others and make substantial money.

Also by selling to yourself, you can use a free 1 page sitebuilder and add other ads. Its a win win situation and the key is becoming a reseller.