PDA

View Full Version : Empowering Sounds

Cloughie
12-13-2007, 11:55 AM
Hi!

After way too long, I finally launched Empowering Sounds with my brother.

www.empoweringsounds.com

It's a site for hypnosis CDs, but we also sell downloads.

We intend to build content and a community around it also.

Your suggestions or feedback are much welcomed!

Thanks,

Daniel

Kyle
12-13-2007, 02:39 PM
Hey Daniel,

The site is awesome I think. I actually like the usage of your brother's face in the design, usually I'm not a fan, but it works in this case.

I have to be honest, I felt kind of queezy listening to some of these sample files. Your brother's frequent use of "that's right..!" creeped me out.

However, I have 0 experience with this whole area so my opinion probably doesn't matter.

Blue Cat Buxton
12-13-2007, 11:40 PM
I agree it looks great. I couldn't get the samples to play though, not sure why, but it might be useful to have a technical resources link so as not to loose potential customers who have a similar problem

Cloughie
12-14-2007, 04:32 AM
Thanks for the feedback guys, I appreciate it.

Kyle - I agree about faces in designs in general.

What I wanted to do was build the site around the personality of my brother. That way people will find buying the products easier and as his popularity grows (which I am positive it will) this will only enhance that. LOL at you feeling queezy :)

Blue Cat Buxton - I appreciate the feedback and that's a great point. I believe it's a straight forward flash player but I can put a small text link that opens a new window and explains about what is needed for them to play.

I am really excited about this site. I KNOW my brother is very good at what he does and he has had some great testimonials already from an old site he put them on with paypal links. That's the bottom line - you need a great product and I feel we have one.

We have sold 2 downloads so far and one person tried to buy a CD but their credit card got denied, but I fixed that at my payment processing end so I have sent them an email and I hope they re-order.

The main thing I want to change soon is to make much better use of the newsletter to regularly communicate with our customers and also I would like to bring more products above the fold on the front page.

Any other feedback would be welcomed.

Thanks,

Daniel

Nico
12-14-2007, 11:26 AM
Site looks great.

One question...you are using osCommerce, right?
If so, congratulations...Great template job!

Cloughie
12-14-2007, 12:58 PM
yep, it is oscommerce.

I cannot take credit for that, I had a designer work with me..

Thanks for the feedback!