PDA

View Full Version : Buying traffic

Xander
11-29-2007, 09:25 AM
I'm working on a new site that I want to launch quickly so am looking into buying traffic to atleast give the site a jump start. However I've never done it before and am interested to hear people's thoughts. Do you use reseller companies that sell popup/unders/etc or do you do PPC/Adwords direct?

Chris
11-29-2007, 10:06 AM
Not all traffic is created equal, and you want to make sure you get good valid traffic.

So consider this...

Which is better?

Paying a one time fee for one time traffic? or... Paying a one time fee for residual traffic?

What I mean of course is that rather than pay for traffic, I would pay for promotion. Pay for directory submissions and link building, things like that. Links are the gift that keep on giving.

lee_vhoi_ol
11-29-2007, 11:35 AM
i agree. Paying for manual link building will help you, even in the long run.

11-30-2007, 02:27 AM
I agree with both of the above comments to an extent........Link Building is definately one way to get traffic and to keep it. But there are many ways out there to also get good quality traffic, try google adwords or Yahoo Marketing.

And besides directory submissions there is also article marketing, blog posting, stumbles, bookmarking, youtube and more!

dvduval
12-02-2007, 03:11 PM
I definitely don't like paid popups or popunders.

When dealing with google adwords, I try to always think in terms of it being only a part of my overall plan. Getting too dependent on adwords is usually not a good idea. I currently use adwords for a couple of sites.

haute_hunk
12-17-2007, 11:29 AM
Viral Link Tracker is a breakthrough tool thatgenerates massive viral traffic for your sites, FREE!
http://www.virallinktracker.com/vlt/?aff=6814

john190
12-30-2007, 02:53 PM
I only use adwords for CPC at the moment. I would never pay for popup/under advertising or pay cheap rates to get thousands of visitors as they are a con.

Xander
12-31-2007, 11:20 AM
I've decided I'm going to go with links and blog posts for promoting the site. Has anyone had experience usings paid blog posts (direct or indirect (reviewme style))?

bermuda
01-06-2008, 01:19 AM
It might not be a good idea to jump start your website optimization through many paid links, especially the blog links as Google does not like blogs selling paid links.

Continue with adding free web directories links, but it might take some months or a year before you can see real search engine traffic.