PDA

View Full Version : Ban Nigeria IP's?

ZigE
11-28-2007, 10:54 PM
I just watched one guy hand spam about 15 or so contact forms to different people, on one of my sites. I thought they just lurked on ebay + mass email, obviously not. :mad:

Anyone tried banning the entire area's ip range?, I know it's not full proof as they can just run it through a proxy, but it'd stop a very large percentage of them if they are just browsing through google (where this guy came from).

Cutter
11-29-2007, 12:51 AM
You can use the technique from this article to send traffic where you want it based on geographical location; rather than just re-targeting an ad, you could exclude specific page content (or the whole thing.)

http://www.websitepublisher.net/article/geotargetting-php/

Chris
11-29-2007, 07:22 AM
I ban huge swaths of IPs at the firewall with the server this site is on. When 90% of spam comes from russian or china it just isn't worth it.

amberstar702
12-06-2007, 11:32 AM
I am being deluged with links from Greece on my dating directory. We had accepted their first link to a well done site but they keep re-sending it with different keywords and in a few different languages. I sent the Admin a polite email telling him to stop because he is already listed and if he continues to send spam, I will delete his original site and ban him from the directory.

dhana_space1
03-22-2008, 03:09 AM
If we Ban all Nigeria IP's, then there could be some real good ppl wanted to access. so, it may not be a good idea.

In my website, most of the SPAM is coming from Russia ?

plrk008
03-23-2008, 11:20 PM
not only Nigeria even from Burkino faso lots of hackers ad false mails and we have to do something about it

Marshal
01-02-2009, 09:26 AM
I have someone who keeps signing onto my website incessantly with different emails and bashing the owner of the site. I have installed word censoring and I have limited combinations of letters he can use for a sing on but WHY CAN'T I CAPTURE HIS IP ADDRESS AND BAN HIM? It allows IP banning. How do you capture it? Is there a module tha I can install to capture his IP and ban him? Please help this is really getting frustrating in the last few minutes he signed in under 6 names.
________
Video review (http://videoreviews.org)

Chris
01-02-2009, 12:18 PM
What software do you use?