PDA

View Full Version : Web Design Software for 10,000 Products

coda
11-06-2007, 09:07 PM
I want to open an ecommerce website that will offer over 10,000 products. I need the following:

Ability to create frames
Google Checkout compatibility
Search by designer as well as name of product
Email for out of stock items

I know I need many other things as well. I want to purchase software that will help me create this ecommerce site. I cannot afford Dreamweaver. CoffeeCup is not really set up for a complex ecommerce site. NVU does not support frames. What about FrontPage 2003 or Microsoft Expression Web?

Next concern is a webhost. I really can't go for more than $20 a month and I have to do month by month. I want to avoid those that over-promise.

Suggestions greatly appreciated!
Coda

Chris
11-06-2007, 09:52 PM
You need to reevaluate your priorities.

How low are your expectations for this site that you think that $20 is too much to spend to get it launched?

coda
11-06-2007, 11:06 PM
My expectations are not low, but my budget is, unfortunately. Since purchasing web design software is a one time expense, I thought it would be money well spent. I just cannot afford more than $20 per month for a host right now.

Still looking for suggestions regarding design software and a reliable host.

Coda

Kyle
11-06-2007, 11:15 PM
The problem is, you appear to have very little experience. This drastically hurts your ability to save money. The more you know, the cheaper things can be.

I know nothing about shopping cart software, except that oscommerce is very popular, and free.

A quality unix hosting plan for php+mysql to host oscommerce will be at most $10/month.

Then you can use something like PayPal to accept payments.

You wouldn't be able to afford credit card processing or your own SSL with $20/month.

Steve2507
01-27-2008, 01:01 PM
You need to reevaluate your priorities.

How low are your expectations for this site that you think that $20 is too much to spend to get it launched?I agree.

VPASP will do everything that you ask easily, but you will have to pay for the software first (starts from $250 I think). If you can only afford $20 per month and you want to set up your own business then you certainly haven;t got your priorities straight.

Remember you need to speculate to accumulate.