PDA

View Full Version : Stupid Question.

Doug
10-31-2007, 08:24 AM
I feel kind of dumb since I don't know this but I have never dealt with selling a domain name. So say I sell a domain name to John Smith after I listed it on a forum and he paid me through say paypal. How to I transfer ownership of the domain name to him.

bermuda
10-31-2007, 02:03 PM
It can be very easy and sometimes, some paper works are needed, especially if the domain names are sold through an auction system.

But as you have mentioned and the domain is going to be transfered through a simple buying and selling without any brokers, you can simply let the new owner have the domain control panel log in information, so after receiving the payment, you can let him know the user name and password to enter the domain panel and change the dns settings and the other admin information.

Doug
11-01-2007, 05:16 AM
Thanks, I thought it would something easy like that but I wasn't sure.

Chris
11-01-2007, 08:04 AM
if you guys use the same registrar there is usually an ownership transfer thing. If you use different registrars do a transfer just like you were transferring to a new registrar, only let the transfering-to account be his. You'll have to do some email confirmations but thats it.