PDA

View Full Version : Focussing PR On Subpages

Mike
01-21-2004, 09:40 AM
Hi all,

On a site that I am hoping to make I am looking to target subpages, instead of just the homepage.

The terms that I would target wouldn't be that popular, maybe searched 30 - 40 times a day. But seeing as I would be targetting subpages, would that amount matter? Like as there would be hundreds of subpages.

Hope you get what I mean:)

Mike

Best.Flash
01-21-2004, 09:57 AM
It really depends on the competition for your target sub pages terms and the amount of PR your spreading about from your home page.

Every link of your home page divides your PR so Im guessing for terms receiving 30-40 searches a day you'll want to keep your sub page links to a minimum - though without more info its difficult to say.

Chris
01-21-2004, 10:06 AM
An increase in the number of internal site links between and to subpages focuses more PR on them and less on the homepage. A heirarchical structure with little intra-subpage links focuses more PR on the homepage.

It is definitely worthwhile in some instances to focus on subpages and not homepages. My literature site for example, it gets roughly 2 million page views per month, I don't know if it is even on any good homepage keywords.

Mike
01-21-2004, 10:08 AM
Ok, thanks guys:)

incka
01-21-2004, 10:42 AM
Games2Go gets all its search engine traffic from sub-pages as I always seem to be one of the first sites to be indexed for new games, but they don't get searched much...