PDA

View Full Version : Forums in general slowing down?

KLB
10-23-2007, 08:55 PM
I don't know if it is true or not, but it seems like discussions and posting on a lot of the forums I frequent has been slowing down as of late (e.g. this forum, Sitepoint, a couple forums I run, etc.). Is this a fair observation and if traffic on these forums is slowing down, why?

agua
10-23-2007, 10:35 PM
My personal opinion is blogs and rss feeds.

I now skim through the rss feeds from my bookmark bar in Firefox - and only visit sites if there is something of interest to me, whereas before I used to visit daily and always click "New Posts" or something similar.

So rss feeds are kind of killing web publishing as we know it with cutting down traffic like this and also providing content for splogs... catch 22

The reason I said blogs is because rather than scrolling through mountains of posts looking for information from a certain person who you trust... jut go to their blog :)

Chris
10-24-2007, 05:08 PM
I know this forum tends to go in waves and spurts, believe it or not but I think it gets more active when I post on sitepoint (drawing people in through my signature). Also it'll be related to how often I write new articles or blog posts, which lately hasn't been too often.

KLB
10-26-2007, 05:13 PM
I was over at Sitepoint some this past week and was really surprised at how slow it was over there relative to the "Old days" of just a couple years ago.