PDA

View Full Version : Site in different languages: same site or different domains?

Nico
10-11-2007, 07:12 AM
Hi,

Im working on a reference/articles type site in English that i also want to make in Spanish. My intention is to build both of them in separate domains, so i can customize each of them according to the language. Like google does with their different country domains. Like...

Instead of doing: www.websitepublisher.net AND www.websitepublisher.net/es/
...i would do: www.websitepublisher.net AND www.PublicandoSitiosWeb.net

Do you think that's a good idea? Could it cause any problem? like duplicate content, etc.

I don't think it should cause any problem, to the contrary, it should make it better for the user since the domain would be in the same language, etc...but im not sure (?)

Thanks!

agua
10-11-2007, 04:09 PM
I don't think it would be duplicate content and the country domain would work better for you in the SERPS

Chris
10-11-2007, 05:12 PM
I would do country specific TLDs for this application for better regional search exposure.

Nico
10-13-2007, 12:16 PM
Great, thanks! That's what i needed to know.

Although in this case i won't be able to use a country specific TLD, since the target is not a specific country, but a specific language (English and Spanish).

But i guess the same advice goes for using a .com but in 2 languages: www.english.com And www.espaņol.com , since the domain would be in the same language.