PDA

View Full Version : Email ad space

RyaninZion
01-19-2004, 03:05 AM
Our website still does not quite have the traffic to begin putting ads on it (approx. 55k page views last month), but we are sending out approx. 95,000 emails per month to our opt-in newsletter mailing list of approx. 3000 addresses.

(The high number is because we are a news service, and we send out each article we write to those who wish to receive them by mail.)

Being an opt-in list, it is very targeted, so I was wondering if there is an ad program out there for emails. And if so, if you guys feel it would be worth while for us.

Thank you for your help.

chromate
01-19-2004, 05:54 AM
Hmmm not sure about ad networks designed for mailing lists. I think Burst!Media would do it. Though for 95,000 impressions you would make about $150 - $200 a month. However, if you get targetted ads, then you could make considerably more.

I've not had anything to do with mailing lists, so someone else would be better placed to offer you advice really.

RyaninZion
01-19-2004, 06:20 AM
Thanks for your input chromate...

One question - how do targeted ads differ from a regular ad campaign? Wouldn't you normally ensure that whatever ads are placed on your site are targeted to your particular field?

Or are you talking about something different?

chromate
01-19-2004, 08:52 AM
Well, the problem is that a lot of the time there aren't always ads available to fit a site topic. Even if there are, there may not be enough of them issued to "fill" a few thousand impressions worth.

Targeted ad campaigns are quite often sold on a "per site" basis. So a potential advertiser would look at a site and decide if their ad would work well with the content.

A lot of other advertisers just want to fill a certain number of impressions / clicks and they're not too bothered about what site runs them.

incka
01-19-2004, 10:39 AM
If you have interests in the UK, western european or scandinadian countries you could try tradedoubler. But at the rate you are sending out you could definatly get local sponsors.