PDA

View Full Version : Ad Networks: Suggestions??

nantech1
10-05-2007, 09:48 AM
Can anyone suggest ad networks worth investigating? How do I tell a good one from a bad one? Also what are (in general) the financial arrangements? Any insight would be appreciated. Thanks.

mhulshof
10-16-2007, 12:16 PM
I work for an ad network called Etology Inc. The prices really depend on a lot of variables. Most ad networks base off a eCPC or a eCPM program. For text ads they are almost always eCPC. I would be more then happy to answer any questions that you have.

artcoder
10-23-2007, 11:51 AM
By "ad network" do you mean something like Google Adwords?

I thinking of placing some ads on Google Adwords. How is Adwords different from Yahoo's equvialent? And what are the pros and cons?

Basically, I debating between using Google Adwords and Yahoo for advertising. Which would you pick?

Cutter
10-23-2007, 07:14 PM
Since this is under the generating revenue section, I am guessing this if for selling advertising space, not buying it.

Start with Adsense to get a base estimate of what your inventory is worth. Then, start testing out the networks you can get into (primarily an issue of how much traffic you have.) As long as you don't sign any contracts its pretty much a no-risk test on your part.

If you need somewhere to start, Chris has an overview of a bunch of networks, scroll down to Reviews: http://www.websitepublisher.net/generating_revenue/selling_advertising/

john190
12-30-2007, 02:42 PM
The good ad networks are the ones that pay good and pay one time, every time. When finding a network, to find out if its a good one or not, it's best to use a forum and ask others about their experiences. There are many good ad networks out there and then there are a few that I would prefer to stay away from.

bermuda
01-06-2008, 01:23 AM
Are you going to join such websites as an advertiser or publisher? And what do you mean by investigating them?

The most famous ad company, PPC, pay per click system is Google, for advertisers it is AdWords and for publishers, AdSense.