PDA

View Full Version : small and minor page changes?

MissMandy
09-16-2007, 08:49 AM
I have a question, I notice when I make small changes to a page it will eventually lead to minor changes in my google serp, but if make major changes to a certain page, I often find the page disappears off the radar for weeks or months at a time before it reappears, usually in a much better position. Why is that?

cooluks
11-22-2007, 08:15 AM
I have a question, I notice when I make small changes to a page it will eventually lead to minor changes in my google serp, but if make major changes to a certain page, I often find the page disappears off the radar for weeks or months at a time before it reappears, usually in a much better position. Why is that?

Frequent updates to your pages may increase the search engine crawl rate, but it won't increase your rankings. If your site doesn't need to change, don't change it just because you think the search engines will like it better. They won't. In fact, some of the highest ranking sites in Google haven't been touched in years.

Updating or changing sites must not be frequent....:idea:

lee_vhoi_ol
11-29-2007, 10:55 AM
It's not that updating your site should not be frequent. Do your updates as necessary, the more quality updates you make, the better. Keeping updates regularly and ensuring quality may also help you get natural links (links you don't ask for from people who liked your site).

lee_vhoi_ol
11-29-2007, 10:57 AM

How are you sure that the minor changes you did are responsible for the change in your Google SERP? The minor changes you made could be irrelevant, as other factors should also be considered. Imagine your competition doing SEO too.