PDA

View Full Version : A lesson in over delivering, when you make a mistake

Blue Cat Buxton
09-12-2007, 02:20 AM
A week or so ago, I ordered from this website http://www.chocolatl.co.uk/. I found the item through a Google search, and have never used the site before.

Anyway, we hadn't recieved the order and I was going to chase it up, but they called to apologise, they had not had a confirmation of the order and so had not processed it - problem with their systems - but did I still want to go ahead.

They could have just shipped today and I would have thought they were a bit slow, but now I feel better - I know that everything is back on track - and they offered to include 'a little present' becasue of the delay. I feel even better about the order now (even though it is a bit late)

Of course the shipment has not arrived yet, but with one call they have rebuilt, and increased their reputation with me.

jasonk1234
11-03-2007, 12:41 PM
thanks for sharing. Are you saying you think the next time we buy chocolate from the net we should use that link?

FPU
11-03-2007, 12:41 PM
I don't see a website at your link, just a blank screen.

When you say ordered a website, do you mean you purchased a turn key site and domain?

Blue Cat Buxton
11-03-2007, 02:52 PM
H'm thats odd. It was a baby and kids toys store; I ordered a kids soft toy. I guess thier order confirmation/email problems were simptomatic of a bigger problem.

I got the goods I ordered and a small gift as well.

FPU
11-03-2007, 03:29 PM
Sorry man, I thought you said you ordered a website from these people, I read your post wrong.

So you ordered a product from them and never got it quick enough, and now you did receive it.

Chris
11-03-2007, 05:37 PM
One time a customer wanted something shipped 3 day air, I messed up and shipped it ground. when he called to complain I didn't just adjust his price down to ground, I refunded everything he paid for shipping.

He, apparently a business owner, said he used what I did as an example to his employees for good customer service the next day.

mails
11-23-2007, 06:17 AM
Unfortunately it's not common...yet. :bawling:

Mails