PDA

View Full Version : Looking for answers

rob_seth
08-28-2007, 06:28 AM
Hi Guys,

I have a few questions.... can anyone help me??

1. Can anyone start with a website? I have heard people having a lot of websites and then i feel strange how do they manage to add content in that?

2. There is a limit to one's knowledge and the availability of resources... do all the website owners, publishers or administrators write everyday, design or click the pictures that are there on their websites....??

3. I wish to start with a blog and infact i started with one at blogspot to experiment but I could not make out how can I use pictures from other websites... how do I use other's information in my own words as their content is copyrighted..

My basic intention is to start with a blog which should have video's, pictures and matter related to the topic that I will choose for the blog but I have limited knowledge about the use of information available online for my own website or blog.

Johnny Gulag
08-28-2007, 09:21 AM
1. Yes anyone can have a website, if you have a few dollars for a domain and hosting then you can either learn how to design/upload one yourself or pay to have it done.

2. Some web publishers do publish content everyday others less frequently. The more frequent the better assuming the articles you publish are original, of a certain quality and cover a topic someone wants to read.

3. You should not be using images from other websites (depending on what you mean) You need to use your own images or get permission from the owner to use theirs. There are sites that offer free images for use.

As far as the content goes you should write (your own original) articles based on your own knowledge (of course you can read other articles and get ideas, use them as reference and all that) but do not copy other peoples articles verbatim and republish them. This will just lead to embarrassment and possible legal trouble.

Hope this was helpful. :)

rob_seth
08-28-2007, 11:08 AM
Well thanks for the reply but please let me know one thing.... I don't think a person can write content, create images and manage a website all alone.....
If this is possible, kindly elaborate how....
Also I wish to know how far is it worth using public domain content and where can i find free to use images and public domain content... :confused:

deronsizemore
08-28-2007, 08:06 PM
Well thanks for the reply but please let me know one thing.... I don't think a person can write content, create images and manage a website all alone.....
Also I wish to know how far is it worth using public domain content and where can i find free to use images and public domain content... :confused:

Yeah, it's possible to manage a site alone and in fact, many people not only do it, but they manage numerous sites alone. I only manage one right now, but am in the process of developing a few more.

It's hard to elaborate how, but it just comes with experience. You learn new things and the better you get at design and development, the easier it is to manage a site. Plus, there are many Content Management Solutions available to help you manage a site and it makes things a breeze.

rob_seth
08-28-2007, 09:17 PM
It's hard to elaborate how, but it just comes with experience.

Dear Deron,

If you could just elaborate in brief . . . . very brief about what you think is difficult to elaborate...

Thanks

Johnny Gulag
08-28-2007, 11:42 PM
If this is possible, kindly elaborate how....Trial and error, dedication, experience and skill.

Also I wish to know how far is it worth using public domain content and where can i find free to use images and public domain content... :confused:Do a Google search for 'royalty free images' as far as free content, I am not the best person to answer this so I will leave it to someone else. :)

rob_seth
08-29-2007, 02:46 AM
Thanks anyway for the suggestion..... I'll return back after checking google.

cooluks
10-10-2007, 11:06 AM

You can do it by getting informations on the web.. Optimized it or rephrased it to avoid duplication... :idea: