PDA

View Full Version : New article on Chinese product safety

KLB
08-20-2007, 07:08 AM
This morning on my blog I published an article entitled "Made in China with lead or or other toxins (http://blog.environmentalchemistry.com/2007/08/made-in-china-with-lead-or-other-toxins.html)", which will be interesting to any consumer concerned about food/product safety especially if they have small children.

I had been wanting to have an article on this topic written for me by one of my writers, for the past six months or so, but suddenly had a spark of inspiration on my own once I started researching the topic and digging through recall announcements on the Consumer Product Safety Commission website. In addition to discussing the issue of the safety of imported products, I provide some tips as to how one can test products in their own home and I provide links to product recall announcements. There have been so many product recalls for toys and other products that contain lead, that if you have small children, the odds are very good that you have some of the recalled products in your home.

What you are seeing reported in the media is only the tip of the iceberg as to how big this problem is. After you read my article, I think you will rethink how you buy goods and shop for food as China is the #1 exporter of food and food ingredients to the U.S.

demosfen
08-24-2007, 08:28 PM
http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=57245

Latest China scare: Don't eat the ginger

Latest China food scare: Don't eat pickled vegetables!

Made in China, recalled in U.S.

Snow: Product unsafe? Recall it

Chinese honey now reported among import dangers

'Dependence Day?' America at mercy of China fireworks

Sweden, too, worried about China imports

No standard safety regs with Beijing on food, drugs

More lead-poison toys from China recalled

Florida company recalls 'toxic' China toothpaste

China products choke, burn, drown, drop, trap Americans

China exports lead poisoning

China's toothpaste contaminant has long, deadly, grisly history

Seafood imports from China raised in untreated sewage

Is China trying to poison Americans and their pets?

s.daniel11
12-11-2007, 12:46 AM
actually, things are not so bad as what you said.