PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone successfully appealed a rejection from a CJ or Linkshare advertiser?

08-15-2007, 08:27 PM
Greetings, all. Happy to find this community!

I applied to both CJ and Linkshare and now have about 21 different advertisers on my new site. But one department store, which I think would be perfect for my site, turned me down. I can't figure it out as the demographics match perfectly, there's nothing off-base about my site. Other similar, "prestige" advertisers said yes but I'd love to get this one particular store onboard. Any suggestions?

mobilebadboy
08-15-2007, 08:52 PM
Find their competitor and promote them. If someone rejects me, then that eases my desire to want to work with them. Someone else out there will almost certainly offer what they do or near what they do (unless it's some weird, off-the-wall niche). That always solves my problem.

There are many affiliate managers who don't have a clue as to what they're doing, you may have run across one. I recently tried to join with PokerRoom to run on a poker site and got rejected within a day.

Who's the merchant?

And welcome to WP.

agua
08-15-2007, 10:01 PM
With CJ - no - you are just a number :(

Some reject affiliates purely based on geographic location :(

Chris
08-16-2007, 08:21 AM
Affiliate managers can be random. Sometimes I'll get added to a program without applying, only later to get an email saying they're removing me from their program because of an issue with my site. Idiots shouldn't have added me in the first place.

08-16-2007, 07:47 PM
Thanks for the replies. Yes, I will definitely be promoting the competition but I'd rather offer the merchandise this other company sells. So my question is: has anyone appealed advertiser rejections with any success? If so, can you detail how you did it? Thanks much.

nantech1
12-22-2007, 01:41 PM
Yes a CJ advertiser once rejected me, but I emailed the contact for the advertiser and explained the theme of my website and why I felt his offerings would be a good fit. I received an "accepted" message the next day. So, yes, it can be done.