PDA

View Full Version : Exoclick

Mike
08-13-2007, 09:34 AM
http://www.exoclick.com

Anyone had experiences with them? I'm always looking for alternatives for Adsense and they don't seem that bad.

Chris
08-13-2007, 09:53 AM
Never heard of them myself.

Cutter
08-13-2007, 10:43 AM
I have an account, however I have not tested them out.

When generating the ad you input a keyword, so I am not sure if its contextual or not. When generating the ads they have drop down categories -- Adult, Astrology, Dating, etc. However, the ads seem to have little to do with the categories (Astrology shows all FOREX ads to me.) If you have general traffic, they might work. If your site requires super targeted ads then forget it.

agua
08-13-2007, 06:05 PM
The targeting is shocking from my results... interesting though, what other tested alternatives to adsense are there?

I have tried Chitika on one site - I'm getting around $0.05 less per click than adsense - but they have to audit the traffic - so my final payout could be a lot less. The site isn't a technology one neither and the CTR is equal to adsense.

I have tested adbrite, but not much on a low traffic site, I'm not impressed.

Has anyone tried any other alternatives?

Cutter
08-13-2007, 11:34 PM
Excluding YPN, I assume?

I have tested out many 2nd & 3rd tier PPC networks both on the advertiser and publisher side -- everything is horrible.

agua
08-14-2007, 01:00 AM
Yeah excluding YPN - thanks Cutter, seems our tests are similar :confused:

Nick_s
08-14-2007, 07:38 AM
I tried Kontera's inline ads on all pages of a site for around a week. The ads earned about 30% of what I'd usually earn with adsense, with the same amount of clicks. They also only seemed to appear for around 10-15% of my page views. The good thing about Kontera though is that the ads are inline so space isn't an issue.