PDA

View Full Version : Your skillsets

ZigE
08-07-2007, 05:52 AM
Online mashes together a whole bunch of skills. Everyone is good at somethings, less so at other stuff.

What are you good at? And what would you like to be better at?

Examples, Design/Graphics, Coding, Business/Marketing, SEO, Writing/copy, Ideas, Planning,

Johnny Gulag
08-07-2007, 08:45 AM
I am ok at HTML/CSS. I know a little about Wordpress and would like to get better at all of those. I would also like to improve my skills in ActionScript, JavaScript and PHP, oh and I wish I was better at design in general. :)

Nick_s
08-07-2007, 03:13 PM
My main skills are design and graphics. Been learning the business side for around 18 months now. I'm a novice at server side coding - still mulling over whether i should work on this area more, or just continue to use CMS's / HTML :D

deronsizemore
08-07-2007, 03:53 PM
I am ok at HTML/CSS. I know a little about Wordpress and would like to get better at all of those. I would also like to improve my skills in ActionScript, JavaScript and PHP, oh and I wish I was better at design in general. :)

I would say you're a little better than "ok" at HTML/CSS Ben. ;)

As for my skills. I'm ok at HTML/CSS. I like using Expression Engine. I'm pretty good with Illustrator and Photoshop.

mobilebadboy
08-07-2007, 04:43 PM
I consider myself pretty proficient with (X)HTML/CSS, although tableless layouts are hit and miss (I can't do the easy ones, I can do the complex ones, go figure). I still lean towards tables when time is an issue. I was ok in Flash a long time ago, but I moved away from that area to pursue PHP/MySQL, which I'm not a pro at but I'm not an amateur either.

I'd like to learn AJAX, but that's more for just the knowledge than actually putting it to use.

Cutter
08-07-2007, 09:56 PM
Design, Writing, Marketing, Advertising are my strong points -- I have a programmer do all the coding. What I'd like to be better at is management.

Chris
08-08-2007, 06:39 AM
I'm a level 5 Dungeon Master.... ;p

In all serious though I'm a jack of all trades. I started at this by doing design afterall. Then moved more into programming. Then finally SEO/marketing/management/business junk/writing. As often as not I outsource my design & programming needs now because there are people out there much better than me and I don't always have the time. But I still crank out some PHP every once in awhile.

lajocar
08-13-2007, 05:17 AM
seo, marketing, design

demosfen
08-17-2007, 10:07 PM
After 6 years of being my own boss, I lost most of my technical skills. Mostly just hiring people, counting money, investing, etc. Not sure I could qualify for an entry-level programming position anymore :bawling: Is this success?

deronsizemore
08-18-2007, 09:12 AM
After 6 years of being my own boss, I lost most of my technical skills. Mostly just hiring people, counting money, investing, etc. Not sure I could qualify for an entry-level programming position anymore :bawling: Is this success?

lol, counting money.

Todd W
08-18-2007, 10:19 AM
I'm a level 5 Dungeon Master.... ;p

In all serious though I'm a jack of all trades. I started at this by doing design afterall. Then moved more into programming. Then finally SEO/marketing/management/business junk/writing. As often as not I outsource my design & programming needs now because there are people out there much better than me and I don't always have the time. But I still crank out some PHP every once in awhile.

Ditto, except I still program to much! :P

babyboy808
08-18-2007, 02:12 PM
I'd say I'm pretty good at the design part of the job, very good at xhtml/css coding and pretty bad at programming although I will eventually get into PHP a whole lot more