PDA

View Full Version : A new Blog Community

ses5909
07-27-2007, 04:47 AM
I've been a part of Forums and Communities for years now, at various levels of participation and moderation. The thing I haven't done yet though, is attempt to start my own community from scratch...until now.

I am a blogger and I love to blog. I've seen the current blogging resources and communities out there and just haven't liked what I've seen. So, I decided to build something myself.

My Goal: My goal for the website in its entirety is to really build a solid resource for both beginner and seasoned bloggers; those that do it for business and those that just rant.

The community, I think, will be the core to it. I decided to launch the community last week while I finish programming the rest of the site in my spare time.

My questions and review request are related to the content and to keeping the momentum. The site is only 8 days old, but seems to be doing well so far. I am curious if I have covered all of the topics without having too many forums so as not to appear dead.

I am slowly changing the icons to match the site's theme. I am considering holding a contest and wondering which would be the best to have.

1. Whoever can get the most number of referrals in a specified time or
2. Whoever can start the most threads in a specified time in a particular forum area.

I'd love to hear anyone's advice. Please review my Blog Forum (http://www.theblogexperiment.com/blog-forum/)

deronsizemore
07-27-2007, 12:27 PM
Looks like a very nice community! Being new to blogging, I need all the help I can get. I'll be joining here soon. :)

As far as the contest. I think the "threads" would be better. You will get more interaction that way. If you just do "referrals" you could have a lot of people referring other people to sign up, but that doesn't mean they have to post and add to the community. It just means they have to get another person to sign up. Maybe do a combo of referrals and threads for the contest?

Dan Schulz
07-27-2007, 01:18 PM
Yeah Sara, go for the threads (you could have asked this question on TBE, but I don't remember if you have or not).

ses5909
07-28-2007, 01:42 AM
Yeah, I was leaning more towards threads too. No, I hadn't asked it on TBE yet. I'll probably announce it after the weekend. Thanks for the feedback so far :)