PDA

View Full Version : Content?

bjes
01-11-2004, 07:37 PM
Yeah, so me and a friend have a considerable amount of webspace on a dedicated server with a great connection.We have a problem though, we don't really know what to have as content for the site.

We've tried a couple things, we've added few. At the moment, it's basically just more of a personal page, more of a local type thing, but we want some far reaches, we want TRAFFIC. Nothing we have right now would interest really anyone other than people that knew just who we were.

http://www.infinigeeks.org there may be something more we can do with a name like that, but we need more help as in what to do with it. Thanks.

MattM
01-11-2004, 08:02 PM
I think this should probably be in General Promotion or User Owned Sites.

For that type of site, I don't know what type of content would be best. The forum is a good tool to keep visitors, other than that I don't know.

bjes
01-11-2004, 08:19 PM
ah, yeah, I wasn't really sure of where to put this post, any type of new content ideas would be nice, what we have right now are some things strewn together...:-\

incka
01-12-2004, 01:47 AM
Ask wright_g... He is addicted to shops with geek products in them...

Chris
01-12-2004, 08:57 AM
You need to focus on a single topic and do it well. Then, make a second site for a second topic.

bjes
01-12-2004, 07:39 PM
well, yeah, but I am really here asking what would that topic be :-\ we really have no idea what to do with it, we aren't very creative for big things like that, it took us 2 hours to decide on a domain name ^_^

MarkB
01-12-2004, 11:22 PM
Write down all the topics you're interested in, and then choose whichever one isn't completely flooded.

Or pull one from a hat :)