PDA

View Full Version : vBulletin sold

Erin
07-05-2007, 11:59 AM
I'm sure you've all heard already, but here's the link:

Jelsoft's future: acquisition news (http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showthread.php?t=235378)

Of course I think it's a great thing for the company and for the customers as long as they don't deviate too much from the path they've had since its inception.

I had a thought, though--what if the parent company tries to reduce competition by making it harder for the small businessperson to start a forum? I'm sure a lot of these forums take away from their business.

I'll take off my tin hat now. :D

Generalissimo
07-05-2007, 01:47 PM
Good point. This could be bad for the market - however if prices rise a lot, competition will come up. I can't imagine it would be too hard to produce an alternative to vbulletin.

Chris
07-05-2007, 02:42 PM
Figured it was inevitable. They were a likely buyout target for a large web content company.

MaxS
07-05-2007, 09:53 PM
Yea, I can't say I'm surprised. I'd love to know how much it went for. Any guesses?

Quick Google revealed Internet Brands, Inc. is the company behind Autos.com, Loan.com, and a few other valuable properties.

Selkirk
07-06-2007, 07:06 AM
Hmmm. Cars, loans, real estate and travel.

Mike
07-06-2007, 07:50 AM
Well at least they'll have some idea on what their doing, it's not as if it's an unknown company buying in.

Blue Cat Buxton
07-06-2007, 09:47 AM
And if you have spare cahs, it makes sense to invest in an industry you are familiar with