PDA

View Full Version : How do I make a Banner?

Turboculture
06-27-2007, 07:39 PM
I had a cool website ask me to do a banner swap.

I have a small .gif that I'd like to make in to a banner that links to my site. How do I do that?

agua
06-27-2007, 09:43 PM
You need some graphics software Gimp or Paint Shop Pro are both free.

Then you need to add what text you want on the banner, and import your gif (keeping the frames if animated), add colours etc... and then export in either jpeg or gif format...

If you have never used graphics programs before - it could be worth holding a design competition for one - KLB owns a Graphics Design Contests (http://gfxcontests.com/) website.

mbdigital89
07-09-2007, 02:09 AM
Nothing simplier, you just need to make a link from your gif and add it to the website code

lajocar
07-29-2007, 04:12 PM
just use a href and point to it

stream
12-21-2007, 08:34 PM
here is a way to make your own banner i have used this method myself
1. find a picture
2.press print screen
3.goto paint program
4click edit
5. hit paste
6.use the cut feature and spread a box around the object you like
then cut
7.go to file,then new, dont save
8. click edit then paste then save as jpeg

The part that needs a liitle more guees work on the size is cutting it properly to the size you need and that takes some learning.

When you need the jpeg just use it then you could type over it. Once you have typed your message u have to hit your print screen button again
then you should start from step 1. to step 8

Its laborious and takes time to learn but it can be done

hans123
07-19-2008, 03:38 AM
First of all you need to have any good graphics designing software like Photoshop, Fireworks or GIMP (opensource)... they try the basic things following inbuilt or online tutorials...

MasonHook
09-11-2008, 11:29 PM
if you want to add add banner in your website go on google adwords and select banner option and select size which you want

ankita
02-14-2009, 07:00 AM
You need a designing software like Flash & Photoshop. & the u can make design in flash with help of editing photos in photoshop. Then convert that file into JPEG & then make .avi format. Then the banner is ready for publishing

Lolito
05-20-2009, 01:55 AM

I have a small .gif that I'd like to make in to a banner that links to my site. How do I do that?

Use Adobe Photoshop CS3 for making your banner.

jackietiwari
06-08-2009, 05:06 AM

open the gif in photoshop, i use cs2.
use the slice tool, mark the whole gif. double click and you get to a table with name, URL Target, etc,
in the url box type your Http://www.............
close the box and open the save for web in the file bar.
save it all in a folder with a name. in the folder you will find an image folder as well as a file.html.
change the name of the file to index.html
and them (wow sounds like a lot of work to do but it's not all that bad)
load the folder with the name with your ftp.

AndyTC
12-07-2009, 06:32 PM
If you don't want to front up with the cash for a design program like Photoshop, Illustrator or Fireworks, then try using the automated banner makers online. Do a search for "free banner makers" and test the various ones that come up. they are not all good ones, some of them are limited but some a sufficient. You can even get animated banner makers.

Good Luck.

quatro
03-17-2010, 09:38 AM
The simplest thing to do is go to youtube and type in "how to make a banner" and follow along with a video tutorial! You can learn anything on there these days. Good luck and congrats on the banner swap. You are on your way!

fostinwd
05-24-2010, 06:35 PM
download and install photoshop and then look for tutorials... it's very very simple.

mahesh2010
07-02-2010, 10:25 PM
If your website is of joomla then banner is not a big issue...just all need is photo-shop and a little html and css basics...or using navigation concept will interact users and visitors....