PDA

View Full Version : Google vs Yahoo PPC ?

Baron24
06-25-2007, 04:27 PM
Hello everyone ,

Has anyone tried both Yahoo and Google PPC before ? Right now im currently using Googles and i have had a lot of success ,but i have yet to try Yahoo PPC.

For those who have tried both is there a big difference in the conversions between the two.

freetesthost
07-21-2007, 08:13 PM
yahoo ppc Higher price

chromate
07-22-2007, 12:38 PM
It's a really difficult question to answer, as there's no answer that fits all cases. On a general level, people find that conversion ratios are higher with Google. However, bid prices are higher too, for comparative keywords (at least in my experience). But for some reason, sometimes keywords convert from Yahoo but not from AdWords. Differenet style of user, I guess.

If you're having success with adwords, definitely give Yahoo a go and see how you get on. You could be losing out on sales if you don't.

There's no definitive answer to these things - you have to just experiment and see what works.

kenneth.robert
01-30-2008, 02:24 AM
the price of creating account in google adwords is 5 dollar and overture price is 50 dollar. so we can spend only 5 dollar to create account in google and google activate the account within 5 minute and overture activate the account almost 5 days. so i think google is good for ppc.

Blue Cat Buxton
01-30-2008, 04:11 AM
You still get your $50 worth of advertisng with Overture, its not like it costs you more (and I have found the bid prices are often less than those on adwords.

Chris
02-01-2008, 09:43 AM
Use Google, use MSN, don't use Yahoo. Yahoo rips you off.

They've partnered/syndicated with too many spam/shady companies and you can't filter that crap traffic out.

Generalissimo
02-02-2008, 05:09 PM
I actually like yahoo - but you have to be careful. Being the highest bidder won't get you the best quality traffic in my experience. Being lower down gets better conversions per click (higher than google usually) but obviously not that many clicks. This is probably for reasons Chris said, but the lower bids gets you actually on yahoo search pages rather than on spammy sites.