PDA

View Full Version : Search Engine Labs

Chris
06-07-2003, 10:38 AM
http://www.searchenginelabs.com

I think this shall be interesting.

The domain may not be working for you yet, I only registered it yesterday.

Mike
06-07-2003, 11:13 AM
Interesting...

I take it that the experiments are not working now?

Chris
06-07-2003, 01:47 PM
Nah, it'll be a month or so until the site is in search engines.

Percept
06-19-2003, 07:48 PM
Great idea Chris but you can count on it some idiot(s) will put links to your pages.

Chris
06-20-2003, 07:01 AM
Probably, but hopefully not until I publicize my results. If they do of course I'll publicly list their names on the site.

quentin
06-30-2003, 02:11 AM
hello,
it seems the site pages have been indexed, even though the toolbar only shows a white bar for now.
it's probably early to make any kind of conclusion, but for now the situation is that (for google) :

- the meta / description seem to not have been taken into account.

- the only page appearing for "cheese site:searchenginelabs.com" is the one containing the link, not the target.

- pages with keyword in link appear all 3 times before their no-link counterpart.

For sure, some more time will be needed to draw conclusions, however it gives an idea at least for some of the points.

And by the way, nice site aspen ;)

Quentin

Chris
06-30-2003, 06:22 AM
Last I checked the outgoing link parts were not indexed. The thing is I didn't think to test the link's keywords until I had already launched the site so that aspect of the test wasn't there.

As it stands now with only the keyword link and no link pages indexed we don't know if its the outgoing link or the anchor text that is making the differance.

quentin
06-30-2003, 06:37 AM
true. I don't think it's because of the "outgoing" part of the link but more likely because of the anchor text that they rank higher.
But that's just my opinion :D.

Quentin

Chris
06-30-2003, 08:44 AM
Ya, I agree with you.

Just need to have absolute proof before I publish my results.

fonzerelli_79
07-05-2003, 04:03 PM
this should be interesting - in particular is outgoing links increase ranking

look forward to the results :)