PDA

View Full Version : Supplemental Result question?

MissMandy
06-20-2007, 10:19 AM
I have noticed that a few of the pages that Ive added to my site over the last two months are appearing in the Supplemental Result. This is the first time Ive noticed this for my site and it only appears to be new pages. Question...will these pages stay in the supp or eventually move to the main Index? Should I do anything, or just sit and do nothing and they will move on their own?

rpanella
06-20-2007, 02:29 PM
Usually pages end up in supplemental for not having enough pagerank or being considered duplicate to other pages in the main index. If these new pages are very similar to existing pages you have, or the same articles appear on other sites, that is likely why they are supplemental. If the content is unique, pointing some more links to them should help them get out.
________
Threesome Mmw (http://www.****tube.com/categories/1075/mmw/videos/1)

mails
06-27-2007, 04:58 AM
Thanks Russell that's also my explanation to this. :)

Mails

Nico
06-27-2007, 11:05 AM
I recently "recover" several pages from the Supplemental Result index, by adding the Description metatag with specific info on each page. It may not be your case though, but it helped me.

bermuda
07-16-2007, 01:20 AM
The topic of supplemental pages is heard across the forums nowadays, and many people are just so worried about them.

The fact is, by making a few searches, you will find out that many of the world famous websites too are having some pages as supplemental.

It cannot affect the overall rankings of a website that much but still can make the webmaster a little bit worries as the pages might remain supplemental for a long time.

In some cases, having the original fresh content too, might not help but having a completely different title might help.

Adding the links to the supplemental pages too have been seen to work.

Webnauts
08-01-2007, 06:25 PM
The "stamp" supplemental results have disappeared form the results. There is still a way to check if you are still in the supplemental.

When you check with the operator
site:www.example.com you get all pages of your domain including supplemental results.

Or when you check with the operator
site:example.com you get all pages of your subdomains including their supplemental results.

If you only check with the operator:
site:www.example.com/& you get only all supplemental pages of your parent domain (not of your subdomains).

If you want to check only pages of your subdomains being in the supplemental, you should not use the prefix "www":
site:example.com/&

I would also like to add to the above comments, that a page with too little content will also go into the supplemental results.

I do not want to spread fear here, but some times it could be an indicator that you are doing something wrong and must be fixed.

ASP-Hosting.ca
08-03-2007, 07:27 AM
I've also noticed that pages with little content usually go to the supplemental index, and I'm talking about unique content.

cooluks
08-11-2007, 12:32 PM
Here are reason why pages are in supplemental index...

1. Duplicate Content - take someone elses content, get sent to Google Hell (Supplemental Results)
2. No Content - create pages with no content (remember the days of directories that would create 1 million pages with only 100 listing?) - empty pages get sent to Google Hell.
3. Orphaned web pages. Pages that no one links to, including yourself.

But Google removes the supplemental labels nowadays.....

beamup
08-18-2007, 07:59 PM
Here are reason why pages are in supplemental index...

1. Duplicate Content - take someone elses content, get sent to Google Hell (Supplemental Results)
2. No Content - create pages with no content (remember the days of directories that would create 1 million pages with only 100 listing?) - empty pages get sent to Google Hell.
3. Orphaned web pages. Pages that no one links to, including yourself.

But Google removes the supplemental labels nowadays.....

yes that is true :flare:

cooluks
09-06-2007, 07:28 AM
If you only check with the operator:
site:www.example.com/& you get only all supplemental pages of your parent domain (not of your subdomains).

If you want to check only pages of your subdomains being in the supplemental, you should not use the prefix "www":
site:example.com/&

Yes, actually the supplemental label was drop a month ago... That's what one of Google's previous updates by dropping the supplemental label....

Click this link (http://searchengineland.com/070710-090250.php) for more info about Google's dropping the supplementals...:yawnb: