PDA

View Full Version : Lake Fun!

Todd W
06-12-2007, 08:38 PM
So, anyone else ride a Stand up, or any PWC for that matter... ?

I just got this bad boy
CLICK HERE (http://www.imgtank.com/hpics/show.php?img=723262jetski974.jpg)

1994 Yamaha Super Jet (701) and it's loads of fun.

I'd only ridden/owned Sea Doo's and this is a whole new ball game! Lots to learn, and just a real joy to ride.

I ride at FOlsom Lake, it's about 5 minute drive :D

What do you have and where do you ride?

Westech
06-13-2007, 08:25 AM
Nice, Todd!

I don't own a PWC, but ride friends' sit-down Sea-Doo's when I can. I've never ridden a stand-up. I've always wanted to try. There really don't seem to be many on our lake. I'm not sure why.

I spend most of my lake time on our boat fishing, swimming, or tubing.

Todd W
06-13-2007, 08:36 AM
Nice, Todd!

I don't own a PWC, but ride friends' sit-down Sea-Doo's when I can. I've never ridden a stand-up. I've always wanted to try. There really don't seem to be many on our lake. I'm not sure why.

I spend most of my lake time on our boat fishing, swimming, or tubing.

Sweet. I was brought up on the water... before I could walk I was sitting on a kneboard in front of one of my parents, floating in the water, yadi yadi. So anything on water is fun and almost "natural" to me.

I too hadn't ridden a standup until this and WOW it's a world of difference. It's like working out cardio and pull-up sat the same time, and takes a LOT of balance esp. when you've never done it before.

It's like a gas powered long kneeboard (when you are on your knees hehe).

If you want to try something fun instead of tubing get a Morrey board (like you use in the ocean) and get pulled behind the boat on it on your knees and have someone whip you and you will glide FOREVER since the bottom is SO SMOOTH. I suggest doing it on glass only or you'll endo pretty quick ;) It's so fun and light good to play around wtih for barrel rolls, etc too. (We go hosueboating yearly and always come up with somethign new to do.)

-Todd

Westech
06-13-2007, 08:44 AM
I too hadn't ridden a standup until this and WOW it's a world of difference. It's like working out cardio and pull-up sat the same time, and takes a LOT of balance esp. when you've never done it before.

I'm sure the wipeouts hurt a lot more, too!

I'm not sure what a Morrey board is. Got a link? Is it similar to a standard towable kneeboard?

I also want to get into more wakeboarding this year if I can find the time.

Todd W
06-13-2007, 11:43 AM
I'm sure the wipeouts hurt a lot more, too!

I'm not sure what a Morrey board is. Got a link? Is it similar to a standard towable kneeboard?

I also want to get into more wakeboarding this year if I can find the time.

Morey Board is a "Boogy" board that is used for riding waves in the ocean.
http://bravesurf.com/acatalog/morey-woody-bodyboard-sml.jpg

Wipeouts on the standup = water up the nose almost every time, and water in the ear too! LOL, I'm getting better.